Introduction and Contact Information
This privacy statement tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information. We will explain what data we hold about you, how we collect and use your data and whether we share it with other organisations.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined in applicable Privacy Laws. Generally speaking, personal information does not include:
- anonymous or aggregated information that does not allow an individual to be identified;
- information regarding companies and other “legal persons”; or
- business contact information such as your name, title or position, business address, telephone number or fax number.
The types of personal information that the Corporation may collect from you from time to time include: your name, home address, telephone number or personal email address. When someone visits our websites we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and allow us to improve our site.
If we have asked for your consent to use your data you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MagicMed is responsible for personal information under its control and as a result has designated an individual as the person who is accountable for MagicMed’s compliance with the ten principles (“Privacy Officer”). As such:
- accountability for MagicMed’s compliance with the principles rests with the Privacy Officer, even though other individuals within MagicMed may be responsible for the day-to-day collection and processing of personal information. In addition, other individuals within MagicMed may be delegated to act on behalf of the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer designated by MagicMed to oversee MagicMed’s compliance with the principles shall be made known upon request; and
- MagicMed is responsible for personal information in its possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for processing. MagicMed shall use contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while the information is being processed by a third party.
In general, MagicMed collects, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain commercial relationships with clients, suppliers and other third parties and to fulfill contractual and legal obligations;
- to develop and manage our business and operations. This may include the sharing of personal information by and between MagicMed personnel and affiliated companies, and with third party service providers and agents for such purposes;
- to detect and protect MagicMed and other third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with MagicMed’s policies and contractual and legal obligations;
- to distribute our newsletters and other material to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists, including via third party mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving MagicMed;
- to understand and respond to client, supplier and other third-party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide MagicMed’s products and services;
- to market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom MagicMed has a commercial relationship;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- for any purpose to which you consent.
MagicMed will collect, use and disclose only that personal information necessary for the purposes that have been identified.
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by MagicMed. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means and may be collected from other sources including but not limited to credit bureaus or other third parties who represent that they have the right to disclose the information. In most cases, collection shall be pursuant to appropriate contractual arrangements.
Sharing Your Information
Where We Store Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our systems (including any hosted for us such as by our registrars), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Personal information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These security safeguards are designed to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. The nature of the safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity of the information that has been collected, the amount, distribution, and format of the information, and the method of storage. The methods of protection include:
- physical measures, such as locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices;
- organizational measures, such as security clearances and limiting access on a “need-to-know” basis; and
- technological measures, such as the use of passwords, firewalls and encryption.
International Data Transfers
We do not generally process personal information outside of the European Economic Area but should this occur from time to time (for example our use of Google analytics involves some personal data being transferred to the USA) it will be done only in a way that complies with current laws and regulations.
Access to Information
You may obtain the information we hold about you by making a written request to us using the contact details above.
Subject to compliance with any laws and regulations, when you ask us about the information we hold on you we will give you confirmation that your data is being processed, access to it and any other supplementary information we consider relevant to your request.
Your Other Rights
In addition to having access to your information (see above) and your right to the information set out in our privacy statements you have the rights to ask us to rectify any incorrect information about you, to delete information we hold about you, to restrict what we do with information about you, to require us to send information we hold about you either to you (or someone you designate) in a commonly used machine readable form, additionally you may object to how we are using information about you and the right not to have automated decisions made about you.
The above rights are not all absolute and whether you can use one of these rights may depend on the way we obtained your information or the legal basis on which we use your personal information.
We are committed to protecting and respecting information about you in compliance with relevant laws and regulations and for this reason we take complaints we receive about this very seriously. Please address any concerns to us at the contact address given above or to email@example.com.
Links to other sites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. These websites have their own privacy statements and we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Supporting Site Information
Analytical cookies: These persistent cookies are used to recognize and count the number of visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the site and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our site works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. These cookies are provided by Google.
Advertising and Third party cookies: We do not use persistent cookies or similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to provide country-specific content or assess information about your visits to this site. These cookies may be used within third party advertisements on the site.
The table below gives more details about the specific cookies that may be used and why.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to Disable Cookies in Your Browser
Here’s how to prevent new cookies from being installed and how to delete existing cookies. The exact procedure depends on which browser you are using.